Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coffe Table Transformation

I found this little beauty at a Thrift Store for $5 and felt inspired. I have been wanting a small craft table for the kids and this looked just PERFECT!!!
 
 
 
 
 Here is what I did:

STEP 1- I cleaned off the coffee table so I had a clean slate to paint.

 

STEP 2- Since this was just for my house and not anything super fancy and I only had an hour nap time to do it, I skipped the stripping part and just lightly sanded the top of my table so that my chalkboard paint would adhere.  
 
STEP 3: I used a paint roller and rolled on my chalkboard paint to the top of the table. (Note: make sure your roller is not textured, mine was, which is great looking but a little tricky to clean )
 
 

STEP 4: I waited for that to dry which surprisingly did not take long. I did do about 3 coats just to be safe, and again the directions on the can said to wait 4 hours in between coats....I didn't have that kind of time ;)
 
Then I tipped it upside down and painted the legs white. Since I did not do any stripping it took a couple of coats for my paint to stick.
 
 
STEP 5: Since I LOVE the distressed look, I took the coffee table a step further and "dry brushed" some gray paint over the legs of the table.
 
That's It!!! What do you think? Not to shabby for only $5!!!
 
 
 
Now my next challenge will be finding some chairs to go with it ;) Thanks for stopping by!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment